The purpose of the ITSC is to analyze and evaluate the level of the awareness and the measures, planned or taken, to reduce the vulnerability of the city of Florence to floods of the Arno river. The activities of the Committee will be summarized in a Final Report, which will take into consideration the present situation, provide a critical analysis of the solutions proposed up to now, verify the need to investigate the feasibility of alternative or complementary solutions and propose the priority of interventions.
- Gerard E. Galloway, University of Maryland , USA – President
- Gunter Bloeschl, Vienna University of Technology, Austria – Member
- Marcelo Garcia, Universityof Illinois at Urbana, USA – Member
- Alberto Montanari , Università degli Studi di Bologna, Italy – Member
- Giovanni Seminara, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, Italy – Member
- Luca Solari, Università degli Studi di Firenze, Italy – Secretary